[lit-ideas] Re: Didn't I tell you so?

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 23:27:40 EDT

That's one of the more profound e-mails I've read recently (I'm obviously
waayyyyy behind in my e-mails).  I'm glad you posted it.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Didn't I tell you
so?  Date: 5/31/06 12:14:20 A.M. Central Daylight Time  From:
_atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
JK:
>>What the hell happened to the song "Love Makes the  World Go Round" and has
the guy responsible been shot yet?<<

Hmmm. Don't know.  There's a Perry Como version and a  Madonna version and an
Ashlee Simpson version -- all are pretty pathetic.   All should be shot for
foisting their versions on the public, but I  don't believe any have actually
been shot.  Pity.

You must remember, Julie, that in poorer neighborhoods you're  in greater
jeopardy of bodily harm, but in richer neighborhoods you're in  greater
jeopardy
of spiritual harm.  Never forget the maxim, if you  need help seek out the
poor.  I've never known the rich to give a damn, the  poor understand.  But
maybe
it's just the crowd I run around with.   Some rob with a gun, others with
law.  It's all the same.

Mike Geary
Memphis