[lit-ideas] Re: Didn't I tell you so?

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 22:43:58 -0700

Mike Geary wrote:

You must remember, Julie, that in poorer neighborhoods you're in greater jeopardy of bodily harm, but in richer neighborhoods you're in greater jeopardy of spiritual harm. Never forget the maxim, if you need help seek out the poor. I've never known the rich to give a damn, the poor understand. But maybe it's just the crowd I run around with. Some rob with a gun, others with law. It's all the same.

Yes, as through this world I've wandered I've seen lots of funny men; Some will rob you with a six-gun, And some with a fountain pen.

And as through your life you travel,
Yes, as through your life you roam,
You won't never see an outlaw
Drive a family from their home.

[From 'The Ballad of Pretty Boy Floyd,' by Woody Guthrie]

Robert Paul