[lit-ideas] Re: Didn't I tell you so?

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:27:44 +0100

JK>That's still an astonishing number.

Not for student housing: £50+ per room per week.  Cardiff
isn't the most expensive city here but it is a city, and getting
more expensive, this part of Cardiff -- which is very mixed,
socially -- is comparatively fairly expensive.

JK>Is the wage--scale that incomparable with the US?

My search showed a roughly similar median wage in 2005.

Someone here may know the rental rates for a comparable US
city.  I wouldn't be all that surprised if they were lower, often
prices in the UK are higher than in the US.
        Date: 7/2/06 1:03:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time
        From: judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Sent on:

  Sorry, that should have been a dollar sign!  just over £900, around $1700.