[lit-ideas] Re: Did Obama just confirm Taheri?

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 21:28:31 -0500

> <<Senator Obama needs to reveal what he said to Iraq's Foreign Minister
> during their closed door meeting. >>

Oh!  I had misunderstood.  I thought that the reports on this were given by
an eyewitness.  This makes it obvious that Taheri is a deeply objective
source  (why, indeed, should a "conservative Iranian-born columnist Amir
Taheri" desire to have ANY influence on American politics!)

> The charge that he sought to delay the withdrawal of Americans from Iraq
> raises serious questions about Senator Obama's judgment and it demands an
> explanation." —Randy Scheunemann, Senior Adviser McCain-Palin 2008

It does indeed give one pause, indicating that Obama's statements to Iraqi
leaders was that the Bush Administration's position was that which needed to
be recognized and honored, regardless of his own personal perspective.
Treason! I shout.  Treason! I call from the mountain tops.  How dare he!!

This changes eveerything.  Suddenly I want to cut the horrible tax burden
the millionaires in the country endure; I want now to throw caution to the
wind and drill for oil on every possible square inch of the planet,  keeing
all the black gold for us, giving us leverage in our relationships with the
rest of the globe;  I now want young women raped by a member of their family
to keep their feotus, especially if it has only had an opportunity to grow
for 24 hours and tests show that the foetus has severe birth defects
rendering its life agonizing and brief; I now want to cheer for a
theocracy!  Thank GOD we will have the theocracy that is Right!  (well, and
right).  I now understand how important it is for lower class people to
realize their place in society and not agrandize themselves as the "middle
class".  I understand, now, that if we let nature take its course instead of
asking some of the richest of us to help some of the poorest of us, the
rapid eradication of the old, the ill, the hungry will go a long way towards
solving the population explosion problem, leaving more planet for the
oil-drilling.  I now understand that the only reasonable way to approach
life is to make sure it is as comfortable for ourselves as possible.  Those
who are children now can figure out what they want with what we leave them.
'Course, a fair percentage of them will be people who now, as children, are
severely disabled, born into profound poverty, lack health care, don't have
enough to eat or adequate shelter, so that ought to take care of itself
pretty fast.  And I truly do want that huge percentage of the money I make
which is given to government to go for better, faster, more efficient ways
of killing people I don't like or who don't like me.  I wouldn't begin to
ask the government to help the starving, the elderly, the handicapped, the
homeless.  I want ALL of that money to go towards better wiretapping
technology, better surveillance of American citizens (except those who are
obvioulsy w/out blemish on account of their money), better and faster ways
of killing.  THAT's small government!  Thank God that Obama's clear
celibrity, elitism, and treason don't' have a chance to push things into a
BIG government direction!  When I think about the bullet the citizens of
America are about to dodge....whew!

Everything is so much clearer now.  Thank God this treason of Obama's came
to light and opened my eyes to the Right Truth.

Julie Krueger
(okay, so I've had a bad day  -- that's my excuse for the tone of this
e-mail.  I have no apology for the content.)