[lit-ideas] Re: Desecrating the Qur'an

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 08:44:54 -0500

Thanks for posting that, Austin.  It's a wonderful anecdote -- bizarre and
frightening but deliciously funny.  Human beings out-Twain Mark Twain every
day of the week.  We Americans are guiltless of this kind of behavior, thank
God.  Sure there are those who would send someone to prison for burning a
flag that symbolizes among other things the right to burn the flag.  But
that's different.

I especially love the fact that it was the women who wanted you dead.  What
did you do to piss them off so much?

Mike Geary
Memphis