[lit-ideas] Derrida Passes

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:33:10 EDT

In a message dated 10/9/2004 5:56:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
NYCEric@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Robert  wrote :Jacques Derrida has died in Paris at the age of 74.

Who will  use the obvious "Derrida Deconstructs!" headline, I  wonder?

Thinking of the many connections between advertising copy  and poetry,

---- Exactly.

Incidentally, I was reading that on one occasion Cambridge (England)  faculty
protested against honouring Derrida with a doctorate or something. The  note
did not specify if the protest was successful, though. I suppose, via,
implicature, it was.

It is not said in the obituary if he had family in Paris. I wonder who will
take care of the funeral, etc. -- but Geary should know about that.

Cheers,

JL