[lit-ideas] Re: Decisions, decisions

  • From: Walter Okshevsky <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:02:21 -0230 (NDT)

Erin -- In my moral ed. class, I usually show *Twelve Angry Men*. The
original version is best: with Henry Fonda in a superb performance. It
illustrates a wide spectrum of aretaic and deontic vices and virtues.

*Roman Holiday* with Gregory Peck and Audrey hepburn also good for the
distinction betwen prudence and morality or self-interest versus care,
depending on your preferences.

I fear I'm revealing something about my age in offering these selections.
But hey, some things are just universal and eternal.

Cheers, Walter O
Memorial U