[lit-ideas] Death of a Thinker

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:32:32 -0500

I have to admit that I've never read, seen, watched "Death of a Salesman".
Can someone tell me, without "ruining" it for me, WHY it's such a revered
classic? Are there memorable lines that are in today's vernacular? Just the
plot would be okay -- without any spoilers concerning Willy's, Hap's or
Biff's fate.

Other than Miller's death this week, it's very interesting because I
watched a movie called "Eulogy" last night which was about "the death" of a
salesman, and has some overt references to DOAS, but alas, I didn't get them.

Paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada