[lit-ideas] Re: De Generatione et Corruptione

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:16:49 -0700

On Apr 23, 2009, at 10:43 PM, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 4/23/2009 10:07:24 P.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
phil.enns@xxxxxxxxx writes:
David Ritchie,
(who  didn't know how he died)

Very few of us will, for better or  worse.

Phil Enns
(who doesn't know how he will  die)

-----

On the other hand, don't we all ... know?

For  Aristotle it's axiomatic: if you were generated (by your parents)
you'll be  corrupted. We all die of corruption.

Brill. I shall remember this next time we are once again "scandalized" corruption that has been "unearthed" in high places, which, when you think about it, is a bit of a puzzler.

David Ritchie,
choosing between worms and ravens as recycling agents