[lit-ideas] Re: Dark Square

  • From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 17:17:01 -0400

>>[...] men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the
dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was
vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act
their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did.

Not to mention (but I'll do it anyway) Fitzroy Maclean, Bart., among
other brave souls. T. E. Lawrence and Maclean seem to have fallen out of
fashion with readers along with Jack London and Henry Miller. A pity.
Because they were writers of their times, i.e., politically incorrect,
their inspiration is muted. Seems a similar case with Kazantzakis...his
books in English translation were everywhere and now nowhere.