[lit-ideas] Re: Dance and other cards

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:19:28 -0500

And of a human.  I gave my knuckles a good rap last night..  Let's see if
they'll behave themselves and type any better.  BTW, it occurred to my
Latin-deficient mind that if pleura is plural, what is the singular?   I
think the real question is why does English think so little of itself that
it can't use good English words to describe body parts and conditions.
Otorhinolaryngologist?  What's wrong with ear, nose and throat?  Distal,
proximal?  How about far and near?  I mean really, look at the French.
Most of their language is English.  Why isn't good enough for us?

Andy