[lit-ideas] Re: Cultural Diversity and Freedom (Jackass edition)

  • From: AT <atri2715@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:28:40 -0400

Ursula S. wrote:

>What is 'Jackass'?

Jackass is a recent show on MTV--it may not be on the air anymore. Jackass is
(or was) a global show, and then a Hollywood movie. There is some more about
Jackass here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006JU7V/102-1165157-0201738?v=glance&n=130&v=glance

>Has Canada been spared?

No--nobody has been spared. You may have missed it, but there are zillions of
shows along those lines globally right now. "Reality" is huge.

>Alex, are you at Brown U.?

I am in Boston, working outside of academia, in the financial industry. I've
never really been away, but I wasn't posting for a while. I've been through
some changes--will tell more later, as time goes by.

>Ursula in North Bay, Ontario
who's daughter studies math at Brown, but is presently in Beijing, coming from
UlaanBataar and going to Lhassa...

God--Ulaan Bataar, Lhassa,..., Providence. Out of the beaten path. Best of
luck to your daughter. Sometimes I miss Providence, Thayer Street, oh
memories.....

Take care--
Alex T
Boston/ Hanover St.