[lit-ideas] Re: Crime, Illegals, And Righteous Contempt

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 15:28:59 EDT

In a message dated 10/9/2005 10:20:15 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
macampesq@xxxxxxxxx writes:

When  illegal immigrants are discussed in the media, the picture painted is
of a  hard working family man or woman, the sort of person President Bush
refers to  when he pitches his "guest worker" program. "Hard working people who
want a  better way of life," is how he casts them.

Hey, MC--

Our president has given Texas over $1 billion to take care of the illegal
immigrant hospital emergency room situation.  So, the money situation is
obviously not as grim as the article you post makes it out to be. (granted,
regular
tax paying Americans without health insurance have a hard time at an
emergency room getting care, but that is not really worth consideration,
anyway.  I
seriously doubt that the $1 billion would have gone towards *their*
assistance, with or without illegal immigration)

If our President does not think it is a problem, why do you?

Or, are you thinking that if we let them all in legally that they will get
paid minimum wages?  And that the corporations will actually adhere to safe
working conditions for them?  (one of my main concerns--and why I think
perpetuating the illegal immigrant situation actually does continue to
perpetuate
the lack of care and concern for providing real wages for real  work)

Would making it legal for them to be here solve the problem of crime?   Would
that be a creative way to solve the problem?

Curious as to why it bothers MC and how he would solve the problem,
Marlena in Missouri