[lit-ideas] Re: Counterterrorism Blog: New Report/Chart: "State of the Su...

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:56:13 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Brian, we created these terrorists.  OBL's brother said that bringing down the Trade Towers was the end of al Qaeda because it got an 800 pound gorilla after them.  Then when we invaded Iraq we handed them a gift beyond their wildest expectations.  We gave them a terrorist recruiting and training ground they couldn't have imagined.  We turned a handful of wackos into a worldwide movement.  We did that Brian.  Now we thrash impotently around, creating terrorists at every turn, far more than we can ever kill, counting down on blogs.  Do you think there's something wrong with this picture, or am I just not looking at the bright side again?