[lit-ideas] Counterpunch Article

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: THEORIA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:17:20 -0800 (PST)

Any possibility that the article by Paul Craig Roberts is some sort of a scare
tactic against McCain?  I hear 'conservatives' are competing to, fill in the
blank, I'd Rather [Vote for Hillary, Get Waterboarded, Get Eaten by a Python]
than vote for McCain.  Sounds like there's a lot of venom in the Republican
Party, pun intended.  Personally, I'd rather vote for McCain than get eaten by
a python.  Coulter seems like she's desperate for an enemy.

  I re-read the article and now wonder if it's a bit alarmist.  Or am I diving
into denial that he wouldn't put those people back in?  McCain is so unversed
in economics that almost surely he'll be easily led.  He already says the tax
cuts for the ultra wealthy should be made permanent.  Does he really think
those tax cuts are going anywhere near the middle class?  On the other hand,
the economic damage is so severe that all the economy needs is a nudge over the
edge if it doesn't collapse on its own.  A war will drive the nails into the
empirial coffin, without a doubt.  Hillary might stand a chance to make some
improvements except for the python shortage that will surely follow.  Why do
Republicans need to hate her so bad?  Like Coulter, are they that desperate for
an enemy?  Maybe that's why Obama is so popular, because listening to her and
her brethren's hate-filled rants is almost painful.

Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  http://www.counterpunch.org/roberts02082008.html