[lit-ideas] Re: Correction and Weight Watchers (1974)

  • From: andy amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 06:56:56 -0700 (PDT)

You wrote
That one was shown to me by my friend Alex, last night, when we were drinking
six packs in the gay bookstore where he used to be employed, flipping through
trashy gay porn,

A.A.  What is trashy gay porn?  Presumably if there is trashy porn, then there
is classy porn, straight or gay, correct?  Does perfectly shaped genitalia make
classy porn, or is it perhaps the absence of certain elements?

Erin:  and preparing for our excursion to the Brass Rail, a strip
club down the road with over priced domestic and bad uncoordinated strippers
with stupid names like "Star".  All in typical Friday,

A.A. Interesting.  What are domestic strippers, and, since vendors charge what
the market will bare, uh, bear, in what way are these strippers overpriced?

As I said in an earlier post, I never particularly cared about homosexuality,
but lately it seems to be everywhere.  One thing I noticed is that gay guys
have an aura around them of perpetual adolescence.  I'm almost tempted to think
they shave their legs, especially if they're going to be wearing skirts.  I
know drag is popular among gays.  So are gay men really men or are they wanna
be women who are in a sense attracted to the opposite sex, which is to say, to
men?

My outsider's perspective also tells me that getting old for gay men is harder
than for straight men.  Youth and the body beautiful are highly prized in the
gay community, echoing the way neurotic straight men dump their mates for
younger women.  Since we all lose our charms in the end, is the gay lifestyle
really so gay?  I have also read that domestic violence is a serious problem in
the gay community, so gayness doesn't necessarily (or perhaps even usually)
bring bonded bliss.

Regarding Jullie Krueger's idea that girls like gays on dates because there's
no pressure to have sex with them, perhaps its the gays who like the girls on
dates.  Gays, to my knowledge, live for sex, which they have almost
compulsively with other men.  Does this beg the question that when sex is so
all pervasive with a compulsive edge to it, is it really fun?  And what is
someone who routinely reads porn really reading, since porn is basically the
same thing over and over.

A.A.

Erin