[lit-ideas] Re: Correction and Weight Watchers (1974)

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 03:12:15 +0100

I read something about its being like porn.  But I also read a piece based
on an interview with a former SBS officer (UK Special Boat Service) that
said US army people had been trained in these techniques at a centre here;
videoing would be part of the whole "program".  The SBS man didn't give his
name (usually ex-Special Forces people do, but you can see why he didn't).

Having said that

> Is it my own weird notion that a
> society so filled
> with porn as ours spawns kids who, deprived of porn, make some
> of their own?

Perhaps it's more that porn's degrading and dehumanising character and
effects help make this kind of behaviour possible? (But I'd see a circular
effect here.)

Judy Evans
jaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx