[lit-ideas] Re: Correction and Weight Watchers (1974)

  • From: "Erin Holder" <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 11:22:24 -0400

I guess that would depend on the joke and on what you find funny, not to
mention on whether you consider porn to be a "joke".  I think in many cases
porn is not construed as something designed to be "funny", and that's
precisely why I find the entire enterprise so amusing.  I don't know how
anyone could actually get off on it, and it makes me laugh that people do.
At any rate, I've been amused by the Pulp Fiction "Ketchup" joke since the
movie came out.  I suppose I'm just easily amused.  I could probably find
the same joke funny for my entire god damn life, and never tire of it.  Alex
just left me a message:  "Erin!  How dumb are we?  We should have gotten a
lap dance from "Hennessy"!"  Yeah, what the heck, we should have.  You can't
go wrong with a lap dance from someone who names themselves after Cognac.
Oh well, too late now.   Okay, now I _really_ have to go do the mom thing.

Erin
Toronto

long can the same joke be funny?  What is it that keeps porn the biggest
industry on the internet, if not among the biggest, period.  What makes
people keep buying?