[lit-ideas] Re: Consolations of Philosophy

  • From: Eric Yost <NYCEric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:25:11 -0500

The Bard wrote: OK. So, a lying, inchoherent, incompetent,, obtuse,
morally corrupt, greed-driven, theocratic-fascistic warmonger has been,
quite wittingly, elected leader of the most powerful nation in the world
by 51% of it's voters.  OK.  No problem.  All we have to do is find some
way of living with that. Philosophy should be of some help here.  I
mean, what is philosophy if not explaination how it should be, but never
will be.  Please, you people, console me.  CONSOLE ME!

______

"If you are pained by external things, it is not they that disturb you,
but your own judgment of them. And it is in your power to wipe out that
judgment now." -Marcus Aurelius (forgot my opinion of him)

"Dying is easy. Comedy is difficult." -Edmond Gween (dead actor)

  "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are
conservatives." - John Stuart Mill (extremely intelligent man)

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb." - Big Helmet from
"Spaceballs" (Mel Brooks, sage of the ages)