[lit-ideas] Re: Conjecture

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Adriano Palma <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 12:07:52 -0230

While I don't understand Hungarian, on the basis of my reading of the tone of
this missive, and (poor) understanding of 4 languages, I am led to conclude
that AP is not inviting JLS out for a dinner of schnitzel mit kartoffelsalat
und Chianti. It sounds somewhat *sneering*.

(Ever notice that an ear for "tone" is not an organ but an aesthetic
ability/sensibility possessed by some and not others?)

Enjoying the long weekend in Canada in honour of Queen Victoria, Walter O

http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/electronic_communications_disclaimer_2012.php