[lit-ideas] Computer question

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:36:08 EDT

I am completely flummoxed.  There must be an ovious solution here, but I am
blind to it.  I have corresponded for years via e-mail with another person who
uses AOL.  Suddenly a couple weeks ago, whenever I opened an e-mail from that
sn, my computer froze entirely and I had to do a hard boot.  I did all the
virus stuff, spyware stuff, clean up stuff, defragging, etc.  Tried again.
Same
thing.  BUT.....my computer sped through e-mails from *every other sn* from
any server at all.  Just that *one* sn.  And every one of them froze my
computer.  So I figured his computer had a problem.  He had recently had the
automatic
AOL updates occur and we thought perhaps there was a corruption in those
files which caused his e-mail to have odd actions.  He did the virus, spyware,
cleanup, etc., uninstalled his AOL and installed a brand new up to date copy.
Sent me an e-mail from that sn.  My computer froze.  Here's the weird thing.
He
sent me an e-mail from a different sn on the same account using the same AOL
and ......my computer read it fine!  So my computer freezes if it opens an
e-mail from one and only one sn.  How weird is that???  What am I missing here?
Julie Krueger
too much sun has fried my brain