[lit-ideas] Re: Comparing Bush and Chirac

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:25:56 +0000

Reply 2 to Marlena -- an amendment.

JE> Marlena, this list has, though not to the extent of Phil-Lit, seen
JE> a nuber of attacks on France and on "Europe" and in a sense on the
JE> UK that are ill-informed and unsavoury, (ETC>)

First, I now think that was unfair to lit-ideas. Second, though, I'd
say those attacks made Phil-Lit a hostile climate for a French poster.
I am surprised Didier posted as he did, given that, even though it was
to lit-ideas.

Eac>> (the whole 'don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house' maybe?)

That's the prudential version.  How about the principled "Let him who
is without sin cast the first stone"?  Not an easy maxim to live by:
because I (probably) owe the tax people money, do I look the other way
as people burgle my house?

--
 Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx