[lit-ideas] Re: Colorless Green Ideas Don't Sleep Furiously

  • From: Sue Trevor <suettrevor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 14:20:03 -0700 (PDT)

> I wish I could put a word in somebody's mouth.

Or a sock. I asked some days ago if you could perhaps not append long lists of
citations from dictionaries, etc., to your messages. I should think that few
want to read them, and that many have access to them elsewhere. Such lists do
not bolster your arguments as far as I can see. Let me stick out my neck a bit
further. Too often, it seems to me, you respond with a frivolous 'quip' to
someone's serious argument and so sidetrack any further serious discussion of
it.

I do enjoy some of your posts immensely, but of late there have been too many
of them and most are off the mark.

I may reply to Mr Geary soon!

Sincerely,

Sue Townsend