[lit-ideas] Re: Coca-Cola Brown

  • From: Robert.Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Robert Paul)
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 28 Jul 2004 21:40:00 PDT

--- Andreas wrote:
A death threat or two, or, better yet, if his car gets bombed, will put him up
there with
Rowling and Stephen King.
--- end of quote ---

In light of this,I think I'll change his name to Dr. Pepper Brown. Or, just Dr.
Pepper. There must be a number of MDs named Pepper. I wonder if kids could be
named 'Coca-Cola'? I mean, Montana, Cheyenne, Idaho, etc., don't object when
movie stars appropriate these names for their kids. Microsoft McCoy sounds
promising.

Can you copyright a state? What if New Hampshire voted to change its name to
Nebraska?

Robert Paul
Reed College
(Formerly Massachusetts Institute of Technology)