[lit-ideas] Re: Coca-Cola Brown

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:22:28 -0400

At 12:40 AM 7/29/2004, you wrote:
>--- Andreas wrote:
>A death threat or two, or, better yet, if his car gets bombed, will put him up
>there with
>Rowling and Stephen King.
>--- end of quote ---
>
>In light of this,I think I'll change his name to Dr. Pepper Brown. Or,
>just Dr.
>Pepper. There must be a number of MDs named Pepper.

The dean of Social Science at UWO (one of my former schools) is Dr. Susan
Pepper. She gets NO royalties from the drink. And people actually go to
great lengths NOT to call her Dr. Pepper. It was mildly amusing talking to
people trying to get them to say Dr. Pepper and they would stumble all over
calling her Professor Pepper, or just Pepper or my Psych. Prof.

paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada