[lit-ideas] Re: Cindy bites yer legs

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 02:06:17 -0400

>>Cindy Sheehan

Again, she must have been a supremely lousy mother. She was a militant activist before the Iraq war. Her son enlisted, volunteered for a dangerous assignment, and died there. She capitalized on her son's death to become a celebrity activist. It's all protest junkets, photo-ops for her, and editorials for her.

>>After Casey was killed, I became deeply ashamed that I had in some small part funded the very thing that killed him: greedy and rampant US imperialism. I ...

See the lie in her words? Like she suddenly had a political awakening AFTER her son died. Wow, what a cold demagogic lie! Anything to keep in the limelight, I suppose.

Casey was probably ashamed of her. Maybe that's why he enlisted.