[lit-ideas] Cindy bites yer legs

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 22:32:37 +0100

Her words not mine ...

Simon

{...}

Tax Revolt
Cindy Sheehan
Thu, Sep 25, 2008 1:48 pm

"Desperate times call for drastic measures."
Unknown

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably
the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute
Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such
Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
Declaration of Independence

There are a thousand striking at the branches of evil, to one who is
striking at the root.
Henry David Thoreau

How long is the "train of abuses and usurpations" that has been
coupled together by the Bush regime with the consent, or active
participation of Congress? In the Declaration of Independence,  our
fore-parents listed the train of abuses that King "George" III (the
king of Great Britain at the time) perpetrated on the American
colonies. The differences between our "Mad King George," and the one
that reigned over these states, 232 years ago are slim. If you
"google" the Declaration, or pull one out of your pocket/purse and
read it, you can see the abuses are practically identical. I am not
going to list the abuses, because you can read them. The current one
that is going to hit each and every American, though, whether unborn
or one foot in the grave, is:

*For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent.

In a recent Rasmussen poll only 7% of Americans approved of a bail out
of Wall Street...gee, I wonder which ones those were? The CEO's of
Goldman-Sachs and their families? And former CEO of Goldman-Sachs: US
Treasury Secretary: Henry (Hammerin' Hank) Paulson?

There is one major difference between Past Mad King George and Present
Mad King George, though. Our fore-parents had the courage and
integrity to say "enough is enough, George" and they kicked an
occupying force in the ass and booted them off our continent. We
Present Americans are so passive in the face of, and cowed into
submission by, the current state of fascist affairs in our country.

Now the evil "powers that be" in an incestuous collusion are
collaborating to steal 2300.00 per American to give to Wall Street to
pay for worthless paper transactions that will make our paper dollar
worth even less. Mad King George and his obedient Court Jesters
(Congress) are asking us to pony up our hard earned money from our
hard-worked labor to keep the Wall Street Barbary Coast Pirates in the
style to which they have become accustomed. I would like to call
"HORSESHIT" on that!

Before my son, Casey, was killed in Iraq, I was like these Americans.
I dutifully obeyed stupid laws and paid my taxes like a good, properly
propagandized American.

As I wrote the checks, I never considered what my money was financing.
After Casey was killed, I became deeply ashamed that I had in some
small part funded the very thing that killed him: greedy and rampant
US imperialism. I have not paid my taxes since. I won't pay my taxes
until our money is used for positive projects: health insurance,
affordable housing, credits for green development, jobs programs to
rebuild our compromised infrastructure, education, etc. I can hold my
head up and say that I feel that I have taken a principled stand
against this US Corporate Empire.

This out of control system needs to be overthrown and even though we
still retain a modicum of the 2nd Amendment, we do not have the
firepower it would take to militarily overthrow our Mad King George
and his Jesters. More importantly, I fear armed revolutions for the
very reason that they always install violent regimes, so I am
proposing another solution: a tax revolt.

Over the past 7+ years, our taxes have gone to pay for: killing
innocent people, torturing and detaining without due process other
people (innocent or guilty is no matter), increasing Police State
America, bailing out other finance companies, paying for private
mercenary soldiers in New Orleans, Iraq and Afghanistan and the very
ephemeral notion of a "War on Terror." Most of us have continued to
pay for these crimes against humanity. Some haven't and some have done
so with a nagging feeling in the back of the place that is called a
"conscience."

It is time to with hold your support from this criminally insane
institution of Government/Wall Street. DO NOT allow your money to be
used to bail out the fat cats. I propose:

*If employed, change your withholding to M-9, (married with 9
dependents) so no taxes are withheld from your paycheck and do not
file next April 15th.

*If possible, limit your income to so you do not have to file.

*Or this is the best scenario: file your taxes and deduct 2300.00 for
each member of your family and request a refund from Uncle Sam. (and
still change your withholding).

*Withhold a partial amount of your taxes to make a statement.

There are many ways that this government finances its schemes, but a
massive tax revolt will send reverberations throughout the rotten
system.

Before Congress approves this Crime of the Century bail out, call your
House Representative and Senators (toll free: 1-877-851-6437) and tell
them that if they collude with the Bush Regime to do this, you won't
be paying your 2008 income taxes.

Tax protest is a time honored and very courageous form of protest (ie:
Boston Tea Party, Henry David Thoreau, Gandhi). I am not calling for a
"protest" though...we have had many of those, I am calling for you to
have the courage and integrity to join me in nothing less than a
Revolution. It won't be easy, but neither will the resultant collapse
of our economic system if this "trickle down" plan goes through. I am
tired of being trickled on...it is time for action, not complaints or
whining.

This is the only way we can stand up to power in this country and if
we stand together, they cannot divide and conquer us. Let's reverse
the trend and have thousands "striking at the root."