[lit-ideas] Re: Church/ Hugh MacDiarmid/The Band

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:54:09 +0000 (GMT)

--- david ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

JE> > (The rest of that winter was fun.)
>
> And you're going to tell us what happened, right?
> How it was fun, or
> what fun it was?

No.  Not just because it might be boring for you, but
because it's become a diffuse memory of three months
of  snow that made a rather pedestrian part of Wales
beautiful.

I found this (it says 2 months)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/weather/2002/12/winter63.shtml

 Surely that was three years before
> the winter of
> '65, when they drove ol' Dixie down?

1962-3.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0HEO/is_2002_Oct_1/

> ai_92280881/pg_2

I didn't know they were Canadian (I loved The Band).
Here's some stuff about that song

http://theband.hiof.no/articles/dixie_viney.html

Judy

WIN ONE OF THREE YAHOO! VESPAS - Enter now! -
http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/features/competitions/vespa.html