[lit-ideas] Re: Christmas Trees

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:50:21 -0600

Personally I don't care whether you call it a Christmas tree, a holiday tree, baby Jesus' tree, a fir tree, an aluminum tree, a plastic, fantastic lover tree, or a pagan go-go tree. I agree with Eric that the word 'Christmas' has almost no religious reference today and so it seems ludicrous to me to hear anyone claim that the left is trying to de-Christify Christmas -- I can't remember in my life ever seriously thinking that Christmas was about Christ, it was about toys, and bonuses and getting drunk and maybe getting laid. There was midnight Mass, of course, but that was just a bother.

The Left wants to support the destruction of tradition and its replacement by global corporate Newspeak. The Left is using "inclusiveness" and fear of theocracy to advance its agenda.

I guess I haven't been much attention. I haven't noticed any Leftists joining hands with global corporate types to drive out the Christians. The only "speak" I've heard -- overheard, that is -- is that of the conservative radio heads screaming about the left trying to paganize everything from Christ to Santa Claus. Hmmm. Gotta start paying more attention.

Mike Geary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>