[lit-ideas] Re: Chomsky on Predators

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 20:28:45 -0000

You posted the passage below my ***,  Lawrence.  An entire post.
 I agree it's possible to work out why you
posted it, but then it's possible to work out why Omar posted
what he did.

Incidentally I said

"You take other people's failure to respond to
your posts
as evidence of agreement and/or guilt, but feel free to respond
selectively
yourself.  You think Omar should explain why he "subjected us" to
this piece but feel free to "subject us" to Steyn's ravings"

and that should be taken as a whole.

You posted

"Anjem Choudary, a thirty-nine-year-old British Muslim leader,
hailed September 11 as 'magnificent' and its perpetrators
'heroes''; he mocked the victims of the London Tube bombings,
calls on Muslims to refuse to cooperate with the British police,
and advocates sharia for the United Kingdom.  He and his wife are
welfare recipients, but nevertheless he's able to rack up
impressive frequent-flyer mileage jetting off to laise with
like-minded Muslims in other countries.  On the BBC, he was asked
why he didn't simply move to a state that already has sharia.
'Who says you own britain, anyway?' he replied.  'Britain belongs
to Allah.  The whole world belongs to Allah.'  Warming to his
theme, he added, 'If I go to the jungle, I'm not going to live
like the animals, I'm going to propagate a superior way of life.
Islam is a superior way of life." [America Alone, p 90]

Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK