[lit-ideas] Re: Chinese -- ??

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:38:43 -0500

And I would know the difference between Mandarin & Cantonese written how??
I'm laughing at the thought and how ignorant I sound to myself.  Here's a
fer-instance:

*閸ョ偛顦查敍?閺堝鍙ч悧鈺佹惂閻ㄥ嫰妫堕�熸枻锟斤

??

Julie Krueger
btw -- I seem to recall that at least one of the far-Eastern languages is
written vertically, rather than horizontally -- something like the manner in
which Hebrew is read right to left rather than the English left to right.
??  Is this no longer the case, having been phased out in this wonderful
world of modernity, or is computer software simply not geared to deal with
it?
*
On 6/27/07, wokshevs@xxxxxx <wokshevs@xxxxxx> wrote:

If it's Mandarin, I may be of service.

Walter O.
MUN

Quoting Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Does anyone "here" read Chinese?  I realize there are fairly substantial
> differences among dialects -- Mandarin, Cantonese, etc. -- the missives
I'm