[lit-ideas] Re: China's new high-tech army, and Taiwan.

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:52:25 -0500

I meant that when the Russians were the superpower, there was an arrogance
to them, but deep down, in my opinion anyway, they envied the west, felt
inadequate to the west.  All the dissidents going to the west and so on
The Chinese seem to not be that way, at least that's what I'm picking up.
They know they're superior, in some ways like the Americans.  The Japanese
(and my radar could be wrong) also have a haughty quality to them, but they
seem more angry, belligerent.  I think if I had to have an enemy, I'd be
more afraid of the Japanese than the Chinese.  It's interesting that we're
aligning with the Japanese.  Maybe the devil you know is better than the
one you don't know.  Good old humanity, always searching for a devil.  And
finding one.