[lit-ideas] Re: China and Africa

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 18:30:12 -0400

Apologies to you all for what appears to be such pessimism on my part, but
it's just reality.  The reality is in fact pessimistic, especially when our
leadership has sand in its ears, not just the rank and file.  I will
henceforth endeavor to be more upbeat.  There's nothing I can do to change
reality anyway so why sweat it.  I'm loading up on sand even at this very
moment ...

Last bit of pessimism before I mend my ways, one more reason to think Iraq
was not such a good idea and to look for peace with honor asap:  it was the
Japanese invasion of Pearl Harbor that gave small Asian countries like
Vietnam the idea that they, too, didn't have to knuckle under to
imperialist powers like France.  It's very possible, even likely, that
something more fundamental may be happening in Iraq than just a bloody nose
for the U.S., especially now that the military has admitted this war cannot
be won militarily, only politically.  Now, where's that sand ...