[lit-ideas] Cheney's just not having a good day...

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 05:22:28 EST

_Click  here: CNN.com - Dean: Cheney may have broken law - Feb 13, 2006_
(http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/13/cialeak.dean.ap/index.html)

_http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/13/cialeak.dean.ap/index.html_
(http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/13/cialeak.dean.ap/index.html)

Dean: Cheney may have broken law

Monday, February 13, 2006; Posted: 9:45  p.m. EST (02:45 GMT)

Howard Dean says Dick Cheney  should resign if he allowed classified material
to be leaked.
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean  said Monday that
Vice President Cheney should resign if he ordered a top aide to  leak
classified
information to the media to defend the invasion of  Iraq.

On CNN's "American Morning" program, Dean repeated calls he first made
Sunday, saying Cheney may have broken the law if he ordered his former chief of

staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, to share secret information with reporters in
2003.
"If Vice President Cheney has, in fact, ordered the leaking of political
information -- of intelligence information, that means he has to step aside,"
Dean said on CNN. "We don't know if it's true, but he has been accused of it.
If
 it's true, he has to step aside."