[lit-ideas] Re: Cheese Cake

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:15:47 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Erin Holder <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jul 22, 2004 4:26 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Cheese Cake

I work at two places, if you can call it working really.  At the law office
I sit on the internet and do nothing, and at the real estate office I, you
guessed it, sit on the internet and do nothing.  I find that if anything, my
skills have developed in the area of feigning productivity, and does one
really need to develop any other skills in life?  I think not.  And when I'm
not playing on the net, I mull over possible topics for an upcoming paper on
discourse analysis.

A.A.  Isn't Canada a capitalist country?  Is all that socialized medicine going
to your heads?  How do you get away with pretending to work all day?  At two
places no less.

I heard (don't remember where, maybe CNN) that Americans have always been
thought of as among the world's most productive employees.  It turns out that
at least some of that productivity might come from very long hours spent
working.  We work more than most other countries.  We might even be in top
position in number of hours worked.  I doubt that you would get away with doing
nothing in a law firm in the U.S. too long.

What is discourse analysis?

Andy Amago

Erin