[lit-ideas] Re: Cheese Cake

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:43:57 EDT

Okay.  Full sized cheesecake.  Those little tiny mini-chocolate chips=20
sprinkled throughout.  I don't actually care for cheesecake in general but t=
his one I=20
love -- so either it's particularly good or it doesn't really qualify as=20
cheesecake.  (Recipe below.)  (I should put you in touch w/ my cousin --=20
cheescakes are her life.  She's taken them to a whole new level of art form.=
  She makes=20
them as a hobby, doesn't care if they get eaten.  She's made every type of=20
cheesecake that exists and invented a few.  Now you've done it.  I'm looking=
=20
through my desert section of my personal recipe collection.  I want to make=20=
Berry=20
Meringue Pie!  I NEED some apricot chantilly.  Ohhh.....aprictos stuffed w/=20
cream, rosewater, pistachios!.....Chocolate elephant!  Lemonade Mousse. =20
Grasshopper Pie!  God, I need my Mango Buttercream cake.  No, first Chocolat=
e satin=20
pie.  See, we're all nuts.  Just about different things...=20

Servings: Makes one 9-inch cheesecake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups finely crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
2 to 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can  Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet mini-chocolate chips
1 teaspoon flour

Instructions

Preheat oven to 300=B0. Combine cookie crumbs and margarine; press firmly on=
=20
bottom of 9-inch spring form pan or 13x9-inch baking pan. In large mixer bow=
l,=20
beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in Sweetened Condensed Milk=20
until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. In small bowl, toss 1/2 cup ch=
ips=20
with flour to coat; stir into cream cheese mixture. Pour into prepared pan.=20
Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chips evenly over top. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or u=
ntil=20
set. Cool. Chill. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
TIP: For best distribution of chips throughout cheesecake, do not over softe=
n=20
or over beat cream cheese.

Julie Krueger

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3DOriginal Message=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Subj:[lit-ideas] Re: Cheese Cake
Date:7/22/2004 3:25:41 PM Central Daylight Time
From:erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent on:   =20

Is it the chocolate chips or the cheese cake that's mini?  God, I'm obsessed
with sentences.  I have to stop this.  I swear, it's an addiction.  A vile,
VILE addiction.  Like I need anymore bad habits!  Damn it.  Well, anyway, if
it's a mini cheese cake, I don't know.  How mini?  Bite size?

Really off to work,
Erin

----- Original Message -----=20