[lit-ideas] Re: Cardinals

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:28:28 +0100

Law's conducting the Mass has been in the news here too (despite Royal
Wedding stuff, the Grand National and the General Election).

I seriously
RP> doubt that Law is being considered for the papacy. What is true is that
RP> he gets to vote.

I doubt it too but he is technically eligible (he is of
course not one of the listed papabile).  And yes, One Cardinal, One
Vote.

Also Mugabe was invited to the Funeral, dodging an EU ban on his
travelling to or through Europe (on the flimsy grounds that the
Vatican has no airport) and seated (by the Vat.) right by the Prince
of Wales who stupidly accepted his hand... I read that the Blairs and
Michael Howard were seated there too but walked away from the problem,
but don't know how true that is, anyway, bad seating plan..

I can't find the Sin and Law story at The Onion.

(Cardinal Sin isn't papabile either, but I don't know anything in
particular about him though I have a feeling I did once.)

--

                             mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx