[lit-ideas] Re: Can't have a gun? Get a dog

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 23:20:21 -0500

RP:

I was myself originally reacting to Paul Stone's notion that large, powerful dogs could not be trained by old guys and women because with such a dog one had to 'kick ass' in order to train or control it, and that in order to kick ass one had to be physically stronger than the dog.

I would argue that who feeds the dogs rules the dog. But I'm probably not qualified to opinionate since I've never tried to train a dog, never wanted a dog to do or be anything by it's doggy self and to goddamn come when I call. Is that asking so much? Most people expect more apparently.

Mike Geary
Memphis
a real dog city