[lit-ideas] Re: Can't have a gun? Get a dog

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 20:50:44 -0700

We had several dogs trained by Dick Koehler.  He and his father were
authorities on dog training.  They say you need to establish yourself as the
alpha of the pack (aka, show the dogs you are boss).

The Dog Whisperer, Caesar Milan say you need to show the dog you are the
alpha of the pack (aka show the dog you are boss).

Every trainer I've ever heard from says the same thing.

If you have a dominant dog, you had better prove to him that you're the boss
or you are in for big trouble.

Okay, let's hear how your opposing theory, i.e., showing the dog he is boss,
works better.  And let's hear who your authorities are.

Lawrence