[lit-ideas] Re: Can, logically, there be any such thing as a "performative contradiction"?

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 17:10:12 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Sat, 30/5/09, palma <palma@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: palma <palma@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Can, logically, there be any such thing as a
> "performative contradiction"?
> To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Saturday, 30 May, 2009, 5:23 PM
> yes, the best cases are
> Moore-paradoxes

Ah. Yes. _Those_.

Might be more helpful if an example were given and suggestion of what 'concept'
of "performative" and "contradiction" is being used (as, say, in my post). I
mean, G.E. Moore?

> you may want to see the work by L. Horn on the matter

Then again...and bear in mind my library is not stocked with any Moore or Horn.

For all I know this post simply sends me on a wild goose chase. And I feel like
I've just got back from one recently.

Donal
Turning stones only on a need-to-know basis at the moment
England