[lit-ideas] Re: Can You Imagine 2 + 2 = 5?

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:13:37 +0000 (GMT)

--- Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Perhaps if we rewrite the query as:
>
> Can you _know_ that 2 + 2 = 5?
>
> The answer becomes more interesting.

This would not be a question in the philosophy of mind so much as in
epistemology. This is why I think I remember correctly the question - the
_imagine_ is what brings in the phil of mind, although you may well ask
exactly how. Also these questions are available as past papers, so it could
be checked what they asked. Perhaps they burn the papers now.

Donal

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html