[lit-ideas] Re: Can God Act Immorally?

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 14:21:10 -0800

Could the christian god act immorally? Is this a theorectical question (i.e., "is it possible in principle for the christian god to act immorally?") or a question of fact (i.e., "Has the christian god acted immorally?").

If measured by human moral standards, then yes, the christian god is immoral because he has acted immorrally.

If measured by the god's own moral standards, then I fail to see that it has any moral standards of its own. It does whatever it pleases without regard to its own standards.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: <wokshevs@xxxxxx>