[lit-ideas] Calling all women and someone who understands statistics

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 08:58:32 EDT

_Click  here: CNN.com - Study: Vaccine blocks cervical cancer - Oct 6, 2005_
(http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/10/06/cancer.vaccine.ap/index.html)

This looks like a put it on your calendar be first in line thing for  women.
 For anyone on this list who understands statistics and  studies like those
mentioned here, I'm wondering about the "100 % effective"  based only 21 women
out of 10,000 plus.  That seems like such a small  margin....to base something
on.   But then I always hated the  stats/probability section in Math classes
-- it all seemed so  ......random.

Julie Krueger
never really trusting numbers