[lit-ideas] Call For Papers: Merge of Civilizations

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:52:05 -0500

>>Not sure of the correct procedure, but if people would like to begin to email me their essays and such, I'll begin the process of figuring out who would be interested in such a title...

"Allah in the Family"

In this essay, I'd like to discuss how Dostoevsky's Ivan Karamazov was wrong in stating that "If God is dead all things are permissible."

If the killer zombies of al-Qaeda have shown us anything, it's that if God is alive all things are permissible...including sanctioned use of nukes.

_________ http://www.jinsa.org/articles/articles.html/function/view/categoryid/1701/documentid/2762/history/3,2360,655,1701,2762

An Islamic religious ruling that had been kept from the public for a year-and-a-half granted Osama bin Laden and other terrorist leaders permission to use nuclear, biological or chemical weapons against the United States and its allies. The existence of the ruling, or fatwa, was revealed by Michael Scheuer, a former Central Intelligence Agency officer who headed the agency’s Bin Laden unit from 1996 to 1999 during the course of a November 14 broadcast of the CBS news show Sixty Minutes.