[lit-ideas] CHEF FILES BEIRUT CONFIDENTIAL New York Post Online Edition

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:34:47 -0400

I read Kitchen Confidential years ago. A very readable book if you don't mind blue language on every page. I persevered and learned when not to order fish and why never to order a steak well-done and other etc.s. (I'm sure that's not the right way to puctuate that...) A look behind the scenes in some very pricey restaurants. It's probably not like that in North Bay where we mostly have a mix of Chines, Italian and Greek food. One Japanese restaurant. Lots of Tim Hortons (four just on our campus).

Speaking of cooking, anyone here ever watch Iron Chef? Never mind...it's too hot to eat anyway...
Ursula

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07142006/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm