[lit-ideas] Re: Bush the Sphinx

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 23:11:30 -0400

Somehow giving someone a label of religious ex-boozer doesn't strike me as
a bang up job of spinning an embarrassing past.  But, I'll meet you half
way.  Rumsfeld and Cheney got a taste of blood during Gulf I and wanted
more in Gulf II.  That puts Bush into the Eddie Gardner category, bumbling
his way through the presidency, being pushed around by his war lords.  And
you're right.  Bush was sort of half-dead before 9/11, after which he
sprang to life and won't let 9/11 go, even as he does nothing to prevent a
second one.  It still doesn't explain his draining the treasury and
throwing monkey wrenches into the economically all important middle class.
That part's the real him.  This guy is exactly the wrong thing this country
needs now.