[lit-ideas] Building a Dual Language (Dover) Library -- Help Needed

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:17:30 EST

I've been thinking that I should also provide with a dual-language  library.

I'm familiar with the Dover-editions, of which Spanish-English I have
a few. I like that they all have the same size, and although  paperback
they could be worse.

Now, I would like to have by them -- otherwise they look a bit
'too ethnic' in Buenos Aires -- the OTHER LANGUAGES other
than Spanish represented by Dover.

Buenos Aires residents don't really need the Spanish of the
Dual -- but the fact that there's an English to it, provides them
with a bit more of a prestige.

The same I will hope for FRENCH, GERMAN, AND ITALIAN.

I'm about to do some search online to see how many titles
are available in this DOVER uniform editions.

Again, if you come across one, or want to share with me
the info on one title -- I suspect most of them are out
of print -- And how many languages do they cover?

I shall be grateful

J. L. Speranza
             Dual-Language Book Collector, and More
                  "Will *Not* Translate, Will Travel"