[lit-ideas] Re: Brits do it better

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:59:06 -0400

Just wondering, baking soda sounds benign, but it's a base.  Wouldn't it
make the soil alkaline?  Wash into the streams and do something to the
flora and fauna in the streams?  I don't know, I'm just guessing.  Why not
just leave the trees alone and eat pristine peaches, with just whatever
acid rain falls on them?  Maybe that's where the baking soda might come in
handy.  Acid plus base equals water.  I'm just guessing.