[lit-ideas] Re: British cab driver fights for Taliban in Afghanistan

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 16:54:42 +0000 (GMT)

No, we don't distinguish between our citizens.  Hence my belief that someone
the Guardian calls "British based", whose brother is said to "live in London
too", who says "I make good money *there* (UK)...but these are my friends and
my family" is not British.

Certainly there are suspicions that British citizens fight for the Taliban.
But, the Guardian piece says, the last Western insurgent fighter successfully
captured by the US, way back in 2003, was John Walker Lindh.

Judy Evans, Cardiff

From: Lawrence Helm <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Lit-Ideas" <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, 25 November, 2010,
15:15http://www.lawrencehelm.com/2010/11/british-cab-driver-fights-for-taliban.html How
 can I have a happy Thanksgiving when British cab drivers are killing Brits,
Americans, and other NATO forces in Afghanistan? Lawrence    No virus found in
this message.