[lit-ideas] Re: Bizarre Side Effect of Drinking Coffee

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:10:19 EDT

I forgot to mention my addiction to olives of all kinds (particularly
kalamari and this amazing balsamic lemon infused oil cured black olive an
international store sells here) and the deepest darkest profoundly high
percentaged in
cocoa level chocolate.

Juile Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Bizarre Side
Effect of Drinking Coffee  Date: 6/16/06 8:29:34 A.M. Central Daylight Time
From:
_aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
Actually, pink grapefruit juice, or pink  grapefruit, is a source of
lycopene, although nowhere near as high in it as  are concentrated tomatoes
(spaghetti sauce, ketchup, etc., both of which are  loaded with salt).
Eating the grapefruit, if you eat it with the white  membrane that surrounds
it, is also a source of pectin, a cholesterol-binding  fiber, and probably
other nutrients.  Oranges are the same way.   Most people throw the membrane
away.  The fruit is almost always better  than the juice, but juice is good
too.  I think since grape juice is  more concentrated than grapes, it might
be better, but in creating the juice,  the fiber is lost, so it trades off.
Fiber is as important for heart disease  prevention as are any of the other
nutrients.  Personally, I think we  evolved eating fruit, not drinking
juice, so fruit is the way to go.   Juice is probably best diluted with
water, since it's high in sugar and  calories.  The body just doesn't need
that much.  I think the best  way to get the much-touted olive oil is to eat
olives.  Nature doesn't  grow anything in a bottle.  See ya later.